Teaching is important. Teaching is changing. Teaching is hard. And if you are new to this profession then you must know these tips.
- Have clear goals and a big vision for students to learn and achieve at high levels
- Deny yourself and students the option of failure
- Learn and grow everyday
- Celebrate success and reward students with activities that enhance their learning
- Kick-start students thinking by beginning a class with a provocative statement
- Use students’ strength in knowledge and behaviors to help them learn.
- Incorporate into your lessons physical and social activities as well as intellectual activities.
- Consider joining mentor program or teachers union.
- Be flexible and respond to students learning needs.
- Share with students the strategies you use yourself.
This infographic originally appeared here.