EdTech start-ups from across the Asia Pacific region are invited to participate in the APAC EdTech Venture Competition for exciting prizes and benefits, including AWS promotional credits, access to the Accelerator and Leadership programs, and exposure to world-class investors.
If you’re from the EdTech start-up who has its incorporation address in Asia Pacific region, has launched its product or service already, and has less than US$10 million in annual recurring revenue then you are eligible to take part in the competition and get a chance to win not just the prize, but also a host of other opportunities to scale and grow your business.
The competition will be held across three categories:
- Future of Education – Innovation & Learning Analytics, Quality, Inclusivity and Accessibility of Education
- Future of Workforce – Upskilling, Providing Right Skills to Right Market, Digital Upskilling
- Distance Learning – Online Learning, Blended Learning, MOOCs, Virtual Classrooms
Rules of the Pitch
The competition will have three rounds.
- The first round will be an online mentoring round of one or two 30 minutes calls with a mentor each to help you improve your pitch, share feedback, and mentor you about your start-up. There won’t be any selection at this stage.
- The second round is an online pitching round in which you will pitch your start-up online in front of world-class judges and investors. In this round, you will have two calls of 30 minutes with one jury member each (10 minutes to pitch and 20 minutes of Q&A and feedback). The top 10 start-ups will be selected and invited to join the final round.
- In the final round, you will pitch online in front of jury members (EdTech Experts). Here, you will have 5 minutes to pitch and 10 minutes of Q&A. One winner will be chosen in each category.
The main evaluation criteria of the competition will be based on team, problem identification, and value proposition, innovation, timing, market opportunity, execution plan and go-to-market strategy, business model viability, the potential for investment, and pitch quality.
Prizes and Benefits of the competition
Every participant selected in the competition will get the following prizes and benefits:
- AWS EdStart Promotional Credits
- Access into EduSpaze Accelerator Program
- Blackboard Partnerships Program Membership + Showcase
- $2,000 to build your MVP with Creatella’s teams in design and tech
- Entry interview to Techstars and Alchemist Accelerator
- 6D Framework in Business and Innovation Workshop
- Professional training and coaching sessions
- Strategic UX Consultancy
- Access to regional industry experts, experienced entrepreneurs, investors, and accelerators
- Build visibility, credibility, and get exposure to world-class investors
- Receive pitch training and one-on-one feedback
The competition is 100% online and is open to entrepreneurs all over the Asia-Pacific region. Besides the above prizes and benefits, the winners will also get the chance to access and build a common-vision network.
With more than 50 seasoned investors, business angels, VCs, mentors, accomplished entrepreneurs, and senior industry experts from both the startup and corporate world as judges and mentors, this is a golden opportunity to showcase your EdTech products and services.
Applications are open till September 6, 2020. The selection process will start on September 7, and the winners will be announced on October 13. Please visit the competition website www.futureeducationapac.com for more details about the participation, judging process and rewards.