GUVI, IIT Madras and IIM Ahmedabad-incubated EdTech Company has launched a programme to train 100,000 engineering students in Tamil Nadu. This comprehensive training will be provided through hackathons, empowering students with valuable coding skills and practical experience. The Company has teamed with the Government of Tamil Nadu’s ‘Naan Mudhalvan’ initiative, Anna University, and the Tamil Nadu Skill Development Corporation to set up the ‘Naan Mudhalvan-Tamil Nadu Coders Premier League’ (NM-TNcpl), according to an official statement.
The NM-TNcpl is a series of online and offline hackathons, which, over three months, will provide a platform for ambitious engineering students of Tamil Nadu to exhibit their coding skills while gaining valuable upskilling opportunities, completely free of cost. Through this hackathon series, students will attempt to solve the problem statements of various departments of the Government of Tamil Nadu and provide innovative tech solutions to tackle them.
This innovative initiative was inaugurated by Thiru. Udhayanidhi Stalin, Hon’ble Minister for Youth Welfare and Sports Development, Government of Tamil Nadu, on October 6, 2023, at Anna Centenary Library, Chennai.
Highlighting the importance of this initiative, Arun Prakash M, Founder & CEO of GUVI, said:
NM-TNcpl is a milestone in our journey to empower the youth of Tamil Nadu and beyond. I have always believed in the transformative power of technology and education. Our team has started this journey with a mission to make quality tech education accessible to all, and NM-TNcpl is a testament to our commitment.
Interested engineering college students from any domain can participate in NM-TNcpl. The statement further added that they can register free of cost by visiting the Company’s official website.
The Key benefits of participating in GUVI’s NM-TNCPL include:
- Free Upskilling Courses: Participants gain access to free premium courses from GUVI, enabling them to hone their skills at no cost. This free opportunity promotes inclusivity, making education & skills accessible to many students.
- Expert Mentorship: Those who qualify for level 1 will receive mentorship from experts in top product companies, ensuring quality guidance and access to more significant opportunities
- Showcase Talent: The programme shortlists top-performing teams, giving them a platform to showcase their talents in technology and programming
- GUVI’s NM-TNcpl has top companies and market leaders as hiring partners, providing students valuable exposure to potential employers in the tech industry
- Networking Opportunities: Participants get to engage with like-minded individuals and industry experts, expanding their professional network
- Rewarding Prizes: Besides the learning & competing experience, this grand event offers cash prizes and internship opportunities, rewarding participating teams with outstanding excellence in multiple ways.
Co-founder of GUVI, Balamurugan Palaniswamy, stated:
GUVI has always believed that every individual deserves a chance to excel in the tech world regardless of background. NM-TNcpl embodies this belief by offering a level playing field to all participants, promoting inclusivity and equal opportunity for the young generation of TN.
The registration process is the first step towards gaining access to everything TNcpl offers. Furthermore, three participants will constitute one team. Once the registration is confirmed, the participating teams should prepare for upcoming hackathons and make the most of the upskilling courses and mentorship enhanced through the Faculty Development Programmes (FDPs) offered by GUVI to the college faculty.
Through self-paced learning tech courses, ZEN class career programmes, and other vernacular EdTech offerings, GUVI empowers career aspirants for IT and software jobs. The Company has developed an online platform for students to learn in their native languages and specialised IT courses to upskill and make them ‘job-ready. The KSR Educational Institutions in Tiruchengode, Annapoorana Engineering College in Salem, and other colleges have partnered with GUVI to be the nodal centres in launching this Massive Hackathon series.