COVID-19 has utterly disrupted the education systems at all level and brought enormous challenges to the education community.
Before the pandemic, students used to go to schools at fixed times and get access to proper classroom training and learning. Teachers, administrators, and all others used to come to schools and perform their respective duties. All this has changed dramatically overnight with the pandemic forcing schools to shut down and look for alternative means to continue education. As a result, schools transitioned to e-learning. Teachers have moved online and delivered classes remotely, and students had to rely more on their resources to continue learning. Everything related to the school has shifted to online: attendance, teaching, learning, course materials, assignments, assessments, grading, and management.
It seems like the education community can’t wait to return to those conventional schooling days. Even governments around the world have been trying to reopen schools to let the usual academic process begin. However, with the pandemic still raging on with no end in sight and vaccines still months away, schools getting back to ‘normal’ will take time.
So, amidst all these challenges and uncertainties, how do you keep your school running? What’s the future of education post-pandemic?
While some wonder whether the adoption of online learning will continue post-pandemic, research has shown that online learning increases retention of information and takes less time. Meaning, the changes coronavirus has caused might be here to stay. Even experts believe that a hybrid model of education will emerge, and online education will eventually become an integral component of school education. This means every school will need to digitize their operations post-pandemic. So, are you worried about the post-pandemic scenario? Is your school ready for the digital and blended teaching challenges?
Thankfully, schools now have many options to tackle the oncoming challenges. With various apps and tool, they can automate or digitize their school management and teaching, take education directly to homes and ensure continuity of online education even post-pandemic.
Apps like Aasoka by MBD Group have everything that a school needs to keep them going. They can help schools take their academic, administrative, teaching, learning, and all other things online without a hiccup.
Aasoka is a cloud-based school management and teaching solution which digitizes a school’s daily operations, giving teachers powerful tools to effectively teach online as well as offline. The app has the following features:
- Personalized dashboard for students, teachers, parents, and administrators, which gives a snapshot of the overall student progress and general account information.
- Rich multimedia content library covering all subjects, topics, chapters, and concepts for KG to 12.
- A wide range of downloadable e-books for offline use across all subjects and topics.
- Content in English & Hindi mapped to NCERT, CBSE, ISCE and 18 state boards.
- Huge question bank repository for creating assessments.
- An adaptive testing platform supported by Machine Learning algorithms to track students’ performance and schedule assessments.
- Live class to conduct engaging live video tutoring with recording facility.
- Powerful analytics driven by Artificial Intelligence to identify learning gaps, weak areas and track mastery.
How teachers and school management can benefit from Aasoka app
Since its inception in 2007, Aasoka has been generating educational content for K-12 and transforming schools into smart schools. Now, . Aasoka supports teaching and learning for around 500,000 teachers and 50 million students pan India year on year. The app allows:
- Management to digitize and manage school’s day-to-day operations, students, teachers, courses, classes, assessments, results and more in one single platform.
- Teachers to create lesson plans and assign them students.
- Teachers to add several types of content subject-wise, chapter-wise and, concept-wise. Teachers can upload PDFs, JPG, MP4 files and YouTube links.
- Teachers to schedule and conduct live classes. They can conduct one-on-one or group sessions, share screen, and chat one-on-one or in a group.
- Teachers to create, share & schedule subjective assignments, holiday homework and worksheets for students.
- Teachers to mark attendance and generate report cards for every student.
- Teachers to identify specific learning gaps for students and gain useful insights using its AI and ML analytics and learning tools. The app automatically recommends students to focus more on weak concepts.
- And much more.
Aasoka is helping schools to keep running or get back to teaching during and post-lockdown by offering a one-stop school management and teaching solution. It provides a powerful, adaptive, and personalized learning app for schools and teachers to take complete control of school management and to teach online not just during the lockdown, even after it is over.