Videos, be it live or recorded, are crucial for students as it adds another dimension in the learning process which gives students an effective experience. The video brings life in the classroom environment, giving different perspectives and tools that students might not normally be able to take advantage of in their learning.
Educators across the world are looking for carefully choosing videos to assist their students engage deeply in their course, and recollect the information they’ve learnt in the past.
Today using videos has become one of the most effective tools for teachers. But before you add the video in your lesson plan, be sure to watch the video first. Even if you have downloaded it for offline purpose, don’t forget to watch it full before presenting it in front of the classroom. Also, do not replace the lesson with video, add it as a supplement to strength your lesson.
In 2011, YouTube for schools was introduced, enabling educators to have access to social channels, with non-educational videos blocked for students.
- An opt-in program with a lot of videos that contains TED, Stanford and PBS.
- Content is entirely personalized. Schools have full access to the educational content, and can add appropriate educational video that they feel is good for students.
- Video comprises no comments from other users and can be linked to other educational videos.
Well apart from just adding videos in your lesson plan, you can also share videos online with your students. YouTube is among the leading platforms where people all across the sectors not just education upload and download huge number of videos every day. So, you can this platform to share or add videos in your lesson plan.
Sharing YouTube video is easy using options available on the platform, but there is another way, a nicer way to share YouTube™ videos with your students. NicerTube is an amazing platform that allows users to share YouTube videos getting rid of all the fluff, distractions and sometimes-dodgy content around YouTube videos.
It’s great for Education, Marketing, or just making others smile. There is no registration or sign-up required.
You share videos using these simple steps:
- Step One: Enter Any YouTube Video URL
- Step Two: Select A Background type, colour and design
- Step Three: Click to continue
YouTube videos rock your classroom environment. Sharing YouTube videos in the right format to your students might also help you to flip your classroom.
- Video enhance engagement of students through visual stimulation. You can share TED Talks and videos with your students.
- Teachers can ask students to demonstrate their understanding a lesson by creating and sharing videos.
- Teachers can easily make their students understand complex topics by sharing videos related to the topic or lesson.
YouTube is a huge platform for collecting videos; however, a lot of educators also prefer websites other than YouTube like TeacherTube, SchoolTube, WatchKnowLearn, The Teaching Channel and SnagLearning which are some other places to get videos.