Kids today are tech savvy and it seems as if they are born with the digital gene.
Their inclination towards the digital devices can be a benefit if used wisely. The app stores offer various educational apps that can be of great use for the kids. Teaching them how to use the technology from the very beginning can help them in the long run. This list is for iPad users as it enlist apps that can be used by them for their toddlers. The list comprises of iPad apps for preschool and kindergarten kids that can help them make good use of technology from the early years. These apps cover various learning and development skills that are crucial for kids.
Check it out:
This app keeps children engaged by giving rewards for correct answers. Correct answers will earn stickers which can be placed in any of six different backgrounds to create fun sticker scenes. Sticker scenes can be exported as wallpaper or emailed to family and friends.
An alternate reward system can be used where coins are earned instead of stickers. Also parents can create their own reward system where they treat child for some number of coins say 10 or give a book for 20 coins.
The simple and intuitive user interface is designed to be toddler friendly, which allows children to play without help from an adult. An animated teacher (Mimi Mouse) gives verbal instructions and feedback to the child which makes learning fun. Teacher Mimi speaks in American-English or British-English.
The app can also track learning information for up to 40 students. Further settings can be changed as per users need. You can customize specific questions from a subject, change the minimum number of questions to earn a reward and also export sticker scene to Photos, for emailing or using as wallpaper.
Learning Subjects Covered In The App:
• Letters: A-Z (uppercase and lowercase)
• ABC Phonics: A-Z (uppercase and lowercase)
• Numbers: 1-20
• Shapes: circle, square, triangle, rectangle, oval, star, diamond, octagon, trapezoid
• Colors: black, white, red, green, blue, yellow, orange, purple, brown, pink, gray
• Counting: 1-10
Rhyming activities provide the first steps in identifying the different sounds that make up a word and are a critical skill to master on the path towards becoming a good reader and a confident speaker.
This application is to give parents and teachers a new interactive tool that helps children further develop these skills in a fun and engaging way. With this app children will be presented with a variety of different rhyming activities and games. The best way to play this game with a child is to sit down with them and have them explain to you the reason / thinking of why two items should go together. This way, the game can act as a wonderful interactive tool to develop both language and critical thinking skills.
• Includes hundreds of examples and activities
• Rhyming games are divided based on user skills
• Uses gorgeous illustrations that are carefully handpicked and crafted by professionals
• Fun & engaging voice artist keeps kids engaged
• Multi-sensory learning tool – combining seeing, hearing, and tactile feedback
The gameplay goes something like this – Your fish is hungry for numbers. You can make delicious sums by pinching two numbers together – instant addition! Keep feeding your fish to win a level and unlock new colors and fins. The app encourages even young children just learning their numbers to think about addition, subtraction and to develop their number sense. Accounts can be created for more than one student so that their work on the iPad can be individualized. The app includes 18 addition levels, with In-App purchase for another addition level and two subtraction and negative levels.
This writing app has a number of features to recommend it. The fact that it allows you to choose which virtual medium you want to write with is what makes it here in the list. You can choose from 16 different writing substances including shaving cream, pudding, ketchup, pink frosting and many more. That in and of itself ups the fun factor for this app! In addition to letter practice; the app also offers word practice. Also, teachers can add their own word lists for practice. This app meets the needs of a range of students working at a variety of levels, and makes it a worthwhile investment.
This is a complete suite of games that will help you help your kids with all the knowledge that they need to have in their early years. The app comes with 15 interactive educational games that will keep your preschool and kindergarten age kids (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 year old) entertained while they are learning! As your pre-k child progresses through the lessons they earn stickers to add to their board, rewarding them for learning and playing! Helpful voice narrating, colorful graphics and fun sound effects to help your child learn letters, spelling, math, and more! Kindergarten and preschool kids love these games! Includes 2 free games, unlock all 15 games through a simple in-app purchase.
Educational Games in the app are:
– Shapes and Colors: Identify shape and color differences
– Letters: Learn letters with helpful pictures and voices
– Counting: Count with helpful voice narration to learn numbers
– Memory: Flip and match cards to help improve memory and attention
– Alphabet: Pop bubbles while learning the alphabet
– Addition: Add fruit together to learn addition
– Puzzles: Fun and colorful puzzles
– Spelling: Spell hundreds of words with helpful voice narration
– Subtraction: Pop fruit to help learn subtraction
– Positions: Learn left, right, and center
– Nouns and Verbs: Identify the difference between nouns and verbs
– Counting Down: Count down from 10 and launch a rocket
– Months: Sort the months and put them in the correct order
– Upper and Lower Case: Match upper and lower case letters by dragging them together
– Missing Numbers: Find the missing number in the sequence
Are there any apps that you use with your kids which can help other parents and educators make the good use of their iPads?
Share with us in the comment section below.