getAbstract, a Swiss knowledge provider, has recently introduced “getAbstract AI” for its enormous online library, which comprises more than 27,000 summaries. getAbstract AI provides an even more effective form of knowledge transfer, saving time while creating personalized experiences for each user. The newly launched tool allows users to search for knowledge in leadership, personal and professional development, and business more quickly and efficiently within the online library.
As a chatbot-like addition to the search function, the app offers reliable and curated answers directly and exclusively from summaries written by experts in English, German, and five other languages. The answers generated by the tool provide a brief thematic overview relevant to the query. At the same time, getAbstract AI provides summaries that serve as sources and propose follow-up inquiries. The recommended “Actionables” are provided below and the answers to apply the newly acquired knowledge in practice. These offer a 15-minute overview of a relevant topic and consist of video, audio, text, and reflection elements. Each learning unit ends with action impulses, turning knowledge into immediate action – further enhancing the learning effect.
Commenting on the newly introduced feature, Co-founder & COO of getAbstract, Patrick Brigger, said:
An AI is only as good as the data it is trained on. Since all our summaries are written by professional authors and undergo rigorous editorial and fact-checking before publication, the getAbstract library is an ideal database for AI use. The AI operates in a protected and isolated environment to prevent misinformation from affecting this dataset.
After a thorough testing period, getAbstract AI will be geared up on January 30, 2024, providing a multitude of benefits to companies and users:
- Efficient knowledge management: With getAbstract AI, companies can optimize their knowledge management and ensure that employees always have access to current and relevant knowledge.
- Personalized learning: getAbstract AI adapts to the individual needs of each user, providing personalized learning content and recommendations.
- Time savings: With access to its extensive database of verified and reliable information, the tool enables efficient and high-quality knowledge transfer, saving valuable time.
- Continuous learning: getAbstract AI supports ongoing development by ensuring that users are always up-to-date. For this, the AI suggests new content tailored to the users’ interests.
- Enhanced competitiveness: Companies using getAbstract AI can strengthen their competitiveness by expanding their knowledge, adapting to market changes, and developing innovative solutions.
Thomas Bergen, Co-founder & CEO of getAbstract, added:
In a time when technologies are rapidly evolving and markets are constantly changing, companies must remain agile and adaptable. This includes the continuous training of employees. Artificial intelligence is here to stay. With getAbstract AI, we transform our library into an interactive learning experience, providing quick, high-quality answers to nearly all professional questions. This ensures we offer the ideal learning solution for an era marked by up- and reskilling, where quickly applicable knowledge is more important than ever.
Donald H Taylor, an expert in the Learning and Development (L&D) sector and chair of the Learning Technologies Conference, is similarly confident about the recently announced initiative:
getAbstract is using AI for what it’s good at, which is ploughing through large amounts of data, but with a high-quality content set. Brilliant.
With 20 years of experience working with corporate clients worldwide, getAbstract understands what it takes to succeed in today’s workplace. By making summarised expert knowledge and learning tools easily accessible, the company helps professionals worldwide apply expertise efficiently. Its time-saving, 15-minute summary and tools promote self-directed learning, enhance formal development activities, and advance organizational goals.