TeamLease EdTech, India’s leading learning solutions provider, recently launched its Career Outlook Report for Jan – Jun 2023 HY underlining some critical trends in the Indian job market that will guide freshers to navigate their job hunt for the coming months.
Career Outlook Report presents a deeper analysis of hiring intent across sectors and regions. Some key findings of the report are:
- In spite of the global gloom, intent to hire freshers for Indian employers has marginally increased by 3% (62%) compared to July-December 2022 (59%).
- 62% of employers surveyed across India intend to hire freshers during January-June 2023.
- Cloud Developer, Investment Banking Associate, Cybersecurity Engineer, Marketing Analyst, Social Media Specialist, Content Writer, Campaign Associate, Microbiologist, and Biomedical Engineer have emerged as top roles in freshers hiring.
- DevOps, Corporate Finance, Artificial Intelligence, and Project Management are domain skills in high demand.
- Some top-rated soft skills include Negotiation and Persuasive Skills, Cognitive Flexibility, Curiosity/Continual Learning, and Emotional Intelligence.
The top three industries with the most robust Intent to hire freshers are Information Technology (67%), Ecommerce & Technology Start-ups (52%), and Telecommunications (51%). Amongst the Tier I cities, Bangalore comes at the top with maximum openings for freshers at 75%, closely followed by Mumbai (56%) and Delhi (47%). Degree and certification in DevOps, Supply Chain Management, Data Engineering, Business, and Corporate Law are a few in-demand courses solicited by prospective employers.
View the full report here.
Commenting on the report’s release, Shantanu Rooj, Founder & CEO, TeamLease EdTech, said,
Even in the face of global muted sentiments around team hiring, a large number of Indian employers have expressed their intention to hire freshers; some to create a long term supply channel whereas others to replace their expensive resources with fresh trainable talents. Whereas this is good news for fresh graduates coming out from universities, we shall be watchful of the intention translating to actual hiring in the coming months.
Neeti Sharma, Co-Founder & President, TeamLease EdTech, added,
It’s interesting to see positive hiring sentiments for freshers amidst global turbulence and whispers of economic winter. As aspiring graduates and freshers, the key here is to identify the industries that demonstrate an optimistic view and the job skills that would have good demand in the future. Now is the time for job seekers to acquaint themselves with current market trends and invest in the right skills and courses to improve their chances of landing their first jobs.
TeamLease EdTech is India’s leading online learning and employability solution company. It helps universities launch, run and manage their own Online/ODL Programs, improve the employability of their students through its apprenticeship programs, and helps corporations build talent supply chains along with improving employee productivity. Through its cloud-hosted, mobile-first, managed services platform, TeamLease EdTech provides a wide range of services – enrollment, learning, upskilling, apprenticeships, student support, and assessment – helping customers improve access and learning outcomes. TeamLease EdTech has exclusive partnerships with 40 of India’s largest Universities across 16 Indian states, and it trains 5 lakh students on its platform through 9 Indian languages, works with 5000 corporates in their upskilling/skilling initiatives and manages over 200 degree, diploma, and certificate programs.