The use of technology in the classroom is growing at a tremendous rate, and will continue to be a mainstay in K-12 classrooms across the U.S. , whether we like it or not, with the guidelines put in place by the Common Core.
With seven out of 10 teachers agreeing that educational technology allows them to be more effective than ever in the classroom, it’s clear that technology will continue to be ingrained in mainstream teaching methods in the future. With the anticipated demand and growth of technology in the classroom, the University of Cincinnati recently took a closer look at how technology is transforming the modern classroom and created an infographic.
The infographic takes a deeper look at the uses, benefits and future of using technology in the classroom and educational technology.
Statistics mentioned regarding use of technology in the classroom are:
- 97% of teachers 1 or more computers in the classroom.
- 93% of computers located in the classroom have access to the internet.
- Ratio of students to computers is 5.3 to 1.
Some more statistics in terms of benefits of using technology in the classroom:
- 74% of Pre-K to grade 12 teachers say technology enables them to reinforce and expand on content
- 74% say technology motivates students to learn
- 73% of teachers report that technology enables them to respond to a variety of learning styles
- 48% of teachers use technology for online lesson plans
- 45% use it to give students access to web-based educational games or activities.
The infographic originally appeared here.