We constantly speak of integrating technology in education as it improves both learning and teaching.
But to help the community believe so and actually find out the perception of students on the same, McGraw Hill Education recently came out with 2016 Digital Study Trends Survey, prepared by Hanover Research, October, 2016. This study is focused on Digital Study Trends and Student Habits.
McGraw Hill Education being one of the best in the industry, shares that the purpose of having this report on board is to get into the depths of integrating technology in education and find out what exactly students feel about the use of technology in education. The goal of having the survey conducted is to assess college students’ digital study habits and experiences. This survey examines students’ college experiences as well as their preferences and opinions regarding use of mobile electronic devices and digital learning technology (DLT) to study.
The report speaks of some important things like college experiences & study habits of students, their opinions about digital learning technology, patterns of use and outcomes of digital learning technology. Based on their survey and findings, they’ve come out with the following stats:
4 Out of 5 students agree that digital learning technology has a positive impact on their grades for which following are the numbers:
- 84% of students report that the use of technology improves their education.
- 81% report that digital learning technology helps save them time and be more efficient.
- 81% claim that digital learning technology is helping them boost their grades.
Students perceive mobility as important while they’re studying at home; for which they found that:
- Students who say having access to mobile devices when studying is extremely important has jumped nine percentage points in two years.
- However, laptops still outpace smartphones as the primary device students use to study.
- And, students tend to choose to study at home over other options.
The key findings of the report also include that:
- A majority of respondents believe that ‘digital learning technology (DLT)’ is beneficial.
- Cost is the biggest student concern surrounding ‘digital learning technology’.
- Respondents value adaptive ‘digital learning technology’ as an academic tool.
- Students see academic performance tracking technology as beneficial, but still many are not using it.
Apart from these findings, the report clearly highlights the importance of digital learning technology for students and the experiences of students with the use of digital learning technology. Students have shared their challenges at college, outcomes with the adoption of the same technology, their technology preferences, perception on importance of mobility in education. It also covers key points on the amount of digital learning technology used, impact of technology on engagement, best-liked digital learning technology features, role of technology in students’ study behavior and more.
Educators, Edleaders and other education stakeholders from higher education would find this report of great use as it provides deep insights and news right from the horse’s mouth.
Download the complete report and share your reviews on the same with us!
About McGraw-Hill Education
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that helps students, parents, educators and professionals improve results. McGraw Hill Education produces learning solutions in nearly 60 languages and distributes them in over 135 countries.
Know more here: www.mheducation.co.in